For the first time in 5 seasons, Wardogs Football had a banquet. Previously we had switched to the bowling parties and then teams having their own gatherings.
I was talking to the parents of the Little Tykes team down in Florida and they indicated how much they would enjoy a banquet. I spoke to some other parents and decided we should have a banquet. When I informed Phoebe Walker of this she sprung into action. Pretty quickly, with the help of Tiana Mobley and our Team Moms, we put together a banquet. Phoebe cooked. My mom, who doubles as our Treasurer cooked. LaShanda Jackson came back from extended vacation and helped out. Tracey Jones came out of retirement and put the apron on as well. Tiana jumped in. The Tokaski’s jumped in before, during and after. The other usual cast of characters did what they do.
So food was great. The DJ sucked but he was free.
I think for the limited time we had and the fact that we did not budget for or plan for a banquet, things went really well.
I went over some topics before team awards.
- Phoebe was recognized and present with a gift from the organization
- Talked about our successes on the field. 3 NESAC Championships. 1 Runner Up.
- Spring Flag Football was talked about
- Current budget challenges related to lack of concessions in 2019 discussed
- Board positions and coaching positions cleared
- Early tackle register and expected 2020 cost increase
- George Manzo, long time Wardog and current 13U player, has been offered a full scholarship to attend St. Francis Academy in Baltimore MD to play football. St. Francis is currently ranked #2 in the country. George met recruiters that led to this opportunity while down at UYFL National Championships in December.
Teams were presented with their gift bags, rally towels and medals.
The following are the winners of the door prizes
- Morgan Smith. Free 2020 Spring Flag registration
- Ruth Wilkerson. Free 2020 Spring Flag registration
- Lacresha Williams Moore. Free 2020 Spring Flag Registration
- Dontae Wilkerson. Free 2020 Fall Tackle Registration
- Jon Hall. Free 2020 Fall Tackle Registration
In the end I think we had a great evening and I thank everyone who helped put it together. The new Executive Board will discuss options and then present them to Wardog Nation for opinion. Thank you.